Motorcyclists require a special GPS device if they require navigational and mapping assistance. Dedicated smartphones and GPS devices are pretty dependable these days, but these devices aren’t designed to be mounted on motorbikes.
This is why Garmin created a separate category for motorbike owners. The Garmin Zumo 390LM exceeds these requirements and raises the bar in GPS navigators for motorcycles.
Normally, most long-range motorbikes are most familiar with the Zumo navigators. The GPS fares well on quality parameters that classify a comfortable and easy navigational experience.
The Garmin Zumo 390LM 4.3 Inch GPS Navigator brings in some unique and comes with some useful features for secure and smooth long biking trips.
Here is the full Garmin Zumo 390lm review which will assist you to make the buying decision properly. Have a look.
- Premium motorcycle GPS for new adventures in riding
- Glove- , sunlight-readable 5-inch dual-orientation touchscreen with...
- Garmin Adventurous Routing finds curvy or hilly roads; limits major...
Important features of Garmin Zumo 390LM
This is one of the best motorcycle GPS navigators now a day. Let’s have a look at what features you will get from this superb GPS navigator.
User-friendly: With all the innovative and modern functions featured in the Zumo series, users might come across it overwhelming to comprehend as well master it. The Apps for this item are grouped separately so you will not have to curse over many buttons. It is a glove-friendly item and comes with bigger keys and the larger screen for better navigation and visibility.
Touch Screen display: 390LM comes with a wide 6.5*6.5*4.3 inch screen. It permits easy and simple accessibility to route data. Viewing the display even in bright daylight is simple. A user can use the touch function feature while wearing the gloves. The touch screen is waterproof and covers water rating of IPX71. The item is also resistant to fuel spills.
TPMS compatible: What most likely sets the Garmin Zumo 390LM GPS navigator apart from some other GPS navigators out there is the fact that the 390LM is compatible with the integrated TPMS. With the display, monitoring tire pressure later than adding a sensor for each one of them is a breeze.
Trip log and recording: This is another good feature of the Garmin Zumo 390LM motorcycle GPS, is its Garmin Adventures where you can make the record as well you can share your trips. It also permits you to review and rate your own trips as well as even download routes from other riders.
Longevity: The 390LM GPS navigation can stand up to 7 hours on an operation. The battery of this item is non-replaceable as well concealed properly that it does not interfere with its lightweight and compact design.
Curvy Roads: Regardless if you love to ride during a bright summer day or a moonless fall night, the 390LM comes with awesome features that you will love most. It refers curvy Road feature; the product makes it a breeze to choose as well navigate routes on winding roads to reach your destination.
Track your history log: You can also track and record the information like tire mileage, tire pressures, tire changes, chain cleanings, new spark plugs, oil changes, etc. There is no required for additional notebooks to save journey, trip or tour related information.
Voice prompted directions: The 390LM GPS navigator makes it easy and simple to know where you are going without having to check out the screen as well divert your attending away from the route by speaking street names. The software system permits you to create routes and waypoints from your computer and then transfer them to the Global Positioning System (GPS).
Efficient audibility: When you’re riding with your headset on, the clear instructions will offer a smooth and quiet riding experience.
Good Battery Life: The unit comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. The battery of this item can last up to five hours which is considerably more than that of other motorcycle GPS. A good battery can make the huge distance as well it’s a backup of immense assist during long rides.
Bluetooth’s technology: It has Bluetooth wireless technology. Using this best feature, users get to make as well receive calls through their smartphone and helmets or Bluetooth headsets. There is also this superb feature where GPS users get to do last minute alters or do instant stops if you wish to purchase fuel up or food.
Handlebar Mounting System: The motorcycle GPS navigator comes with a handlebar mounting system. The product itself got a good RAM mount. The mount attaches to mounting hardware and power cable. It can be simply attached to your motorcycle as per your personal comfort.
Mentionable and other notable features at a glance
- Product Dimensions comes with 6.5 x 6.5 x 4.3 inches
- Item Weight of this item is 2.1 pounds
- The color contrast is simply amazing
- 7 hours battery life and comes with WQVGA color TFT with white backlight display
- It features Bluetooth for connection to motorcycle intercom or cell phone and comes with 1000 waypoints/locations/ favorites
- Comes with IPX7 water rating, Route Avoidance, Speed limit indicator, Exit services alert, Curvy Roads routing
- Base Camp of this item allows you to save and share routes and points of interest
- It provides service history log and Preloaded Street maps as well lifetime map updates and nüMaps Guarantee
- Lane assists with junction display
- The item is compatible with Garmin Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor (but It sold separately)
What we like
- The fuel gauge lets you know how many miles you have before you will run out of fuel.
- Glove-friendly use executes it easy to operate
- Bluetooth which lets you make hands free calls
- It is built for the curviest, thrilling rides
- Ability to be used in a car
- Excellent BaseCamp feature and lifetime map updates and guarantees nuMaps
- Accessory to record your ride
- Compact design and good battery life
What we dislike
- It does not give a 3D terrain view.
- Little Bit Expensive
Pick The Garmin Zumo 390LM
Hope Garmin Zumo 390lm review was helpful one for you.
In conclusion, the Garmin Zumo 390LM is a lightweight, compact, well-designed motorcycle specific navigation with some useful features. It is simple and secure to use when on the route and the excellent screen is noticeable in all conditions.
The Garmin Zumo 390LM GPS navigator is another good entry for motorcycle use. Compared to the Garmin 590LM, this is a more basic GPS navigator and comes with lots of features which you require mostly. All in all, the Garmin Zumo 390LM GPS navigator is an excellent and great motorcycle GPS for anybody who wants to take some advantage of a host of powerful and useful features and do not want to negotiation on any aspects of their device.
Have a lovely time always. Make your comments below. We love to hear your experiences with this excellent item. Happy shopping!