12 Best Motorcycle Horns Reviews – 2019 and Buying Guide
Here we have looked at the best motorcycle horns you can get on the market today and given you a guide to follow when choosing them. Therefore, if it is something you don’t have on your motorbike, you are in the right place.
After days of examining market data, customer reviews, and specialized forums, we have developed a list of the best 12 horns for motorcycles. Let’s have fun as we read this comprehensive article.
Best Motorcycle Horns Reviews – Top Picks for 2019
Which is the best motorcycle horn on the market today? Below is a review of 12 models that can change your riding experience.
FIAMM 72112 is one of the best horns that you can get for your motorcycle and save some money. It is a great model that can give you the sound you want to alert other road user and keep them sharp on the road.
Specifications of FIAMM 72112
- Brand/Manufacturer: FIAMM
- Product Number: 72112
- Item Weight: 3.2 ounces
- Product Measurements: 5 x 4 x 8 inches
Features of FIAMM 72112
- Great Construction – The model comes with a superb construction that features resistant steel housing, an ABS plastic projector, and an aluminum coil motor. You can have the confidence that it can last for years and function like a motorcycle horn upgrade for your old model.
- Horn Package – Its package includes a jumper wire, universal mounting bracket, female connectors, and nut. These accessories make it straightforward and quick to install the horn on your bike.
- Meets OEM and SAE Specifications – One thing you should note is that the system is tested to ensure that it gives maximum performance according to the OEM and SAE standards. You can be sure you have a safe model that can work effectively.
- Multipurpose Model – You can also install this motorbike horn on our ATV, UTV, or any car. That comes in handy if you intend to use it for all your automobiles.
- 133 dB - The other thing you should note is that it uses 12V and produces a maximum of 133 dB. That is loud enough to alert other people.
- Easy to install
- Good construction
- Comes with all accessories
- Can break if it falls
2. HELLA 007424801 Twin Trumpet High/Low Tone Horn Kit
HELLA 007424801 is a motorcycle horn kit that you can get for your bike and give it a high and low tone. It is a model that sounds and looks like no other on the road and guarantees you the attention needed in all situations.
Specifications of HELLA 007424801
- Brand/Manufacturer: HELLA
- Product Number: 007424801
- Item Weight: 4.5 ounces
- Product Measurements: 12.3 x 8.2 x 5.4 inches
Features of HELLA 007424801
- Great Design – Trumpet horns are for performance-driven riders who desire safety and high-quality. That is what you get from this kit, and it can look attractive on your motorcycle.
- Customer Satisfaction – The system guarantees you optimum fit, long life, and best functionality to satisfy your needs. It is a model that is worth investing your money in, and it gives you peace of mind.
- From a Reputable Brand – You should always buy products from reputable companies, and that is what you choose when you buy this kit. The brand boasts of over 100 years of experience producing bike horns.
- Installation Accessories – Another thing you should note is that the package comes with 6.3 mm flat connections and an M8 screw horn bracket. Those are the only tools you would need to place the horn on your motorcycle.
- Great Sound – The model produces a high tome of 500 HZ and a low one of 400 HZ. Besides, its sound level reaches up to 110 dB, and it uses 12V to operate.
- A quality model
- Easy to install
- For all vehicles and bikes
- Installation instructions not clear
3. Marco Super Loud Marco Tornado Compact Air Horn
Finding a capable air horn can be a tall order when you consider there are dozens of these products out there. But one thing you can be sure is that the Marco Super Loud Marco Tornado Compact Air Horns is among the best units.
Specifications of Marco TR2
- Brand/Manufacturer: Marco
- Product Number: TR2
- Item Weight: 1.75 pounds
- Product Measurements: 5.6x 4.9 x3.8 inches
Features of Marco TR2
- Up to 151 dB – The brand states that the TR2 is the loudest motorcycle air horn you can get today. That is quite a loud sound when you consider what other models in this review have on offer.
- Multipurpose Model – You can use it for trucks, cars, vehicles, and motorcycles. What that means is that you can be confident of getting value for your money.
- Two Harmonized Tones – The two tones come in handy to ensure that you get the attention of all road users. It gives you a sense of security when you are riding on a busy road or a highway.
- Installation Guide – The package comes with clear installation instructions that make setting up of the horn easy.
- Zero Defects – It is tested before it leaves the factory to ensure that there are zero defects.
- Two Years Warranty – The other great feature is the two-year warranty that covers you during that period.
- It is compact
- A loud model
- Has no defect
- High pitch is irritating
4. PIAA 85114 Slim Line Sports Horn Kit
You can quickly notice that the PIAA 85114 is a loud motorcycle horn when going through different motorcycle horn reviews. It is a system that can catch the attention of any road user to ensure that they remain alert.
Specifications of PIAA 85114
- Brand/Manufacturer: PIAA
- Product Number: 85114
- Item Weight: 1 pound
- Product Measurements: 8.6 x 6.7 x 2.3 inches
Features of PIAA 85114
- Up to 115 dB – The horn gives you maximum safety by producing up to 115 dB of sound to keep everybody alert. And the best part is that the sound reaches up to 500 Hz.
- No Wiring Needed – One great feature of this horn is the ability to hook straight to the old horn’s casing. You don’t need to add a fuse or do any wiring when installing this system.
- Three Different Tones – You can easily choose your preferred motorcycle horn sounds among the three tones. That is a unique feature that makes your bike a super-cool machine.
- For All Motorcycles – Another thing about this unit is the ability to work with all the motorbikes, especially the ones with limited space. It can easily fit on your motorcycle without needing complicated installation.
- Safety Device – It serves its purpose of keeping you and other road users safe thanks to its loud sound.
- Very Affordable – You don’t need to break a bank when buying this horn.
- A nice design
- Compact size
- Ability to choose the tone
- Its casing can melt easily
5. Wolo 519 Bad Boy Chrome Air Horn
Wolo 519 is an air horn for motorcycle that provides a loud sound to ensure that you feel safe when riding your bike. It comes with a chrome finish that makes it rust-resistance and attractive to the looker.
Specifications of Wolo 519
- Brand/Manufacturer: Wolo
- Product Number: 519
- Item Weight: 1.5 pounds
- Product Measurements: 7.2 x 4 x 11 inches
Features of Wolo 519
- Durable Diaphragms – Its diaphragms come with a flat shaped chrome casing, and there is an additional top cover. What that means is that you can be sure that the model won’t melt easily even when near a heat source.
- Powerful Dual Tone – Another feature of the unit is the ability to provide a robust dual tone that is 2x louder than most horns out there. It is a great feature that can make the difference between a road user hearing you and not hearing.
- For 12v Battery – Its ability to use a 12V battery makes it ideal for use in both cars and motorbikes. You can choose where you want to install the horn to make sure that you get the maximum value from your money.
- One-Piece Design – The one-piece design makes this horn a stylish model and ensures that you get an easy time when installing it. You don’t waste time or money when putting it on your motorcycle, which is ideal for modern motorcyclists.
- Add beauty to a bike
- Comes with two covers
- Dual-tone output
- Need wiring when installing
6. Screaming Banshee 132 dB BVAS Designed for Motorcycles
If you are looking for a motorcycle horn that can save your life, then you need to try the Screaming Banshee 132 Db BVAS model. It is a system that was designed for motorcycle use, and that makes it a better unit for your bike than most horns out there.
Specifications of Screaming Banshee BVAS
- Brand/Manufacturer: Screaming Banshee
- Product Number: BVAS
- Item Weight: 1.7 pounds
- Product Measurements: 4 x 2.8 x 5 inches
Features of Screaming Banshee BVAS
- Super Loud Motorcycle Horn– One of the best features of this unit is the super loud sound of 132 dB it provides. That comes in handy to ensure that people see and hear you when you are around to save a life.
- Banshee Visual Alert System – It is a unique feature that enables you to connect audio alert to visual systems. You can only get this character in this horn, and it is a great one for allowing you to keep your eye on the road.
- Innovative Design – The design lets you enjoy two types of volume: Angry and Friendly. You only need to tap a button to warn people gently or press it to blast them with over 130 dB of noise.
- Easy to Install – The best thing about this unit is that it comes with an installation kit that gives you everything you would need to install it. You don’t need to purchase extra wires or relays.
- 40% Smaller, 30% Lighter and 20% Louder – What that means is that you get the smallest loudest motorcycle horn on the market today.
- Small and lightweight
- Two types of sounds
- Innovative design
- Takes time to master the usage
7. FIAMM 74100 Horn
FIAMM 74100 is the second horn from this reputable brand that has made it in our review of the 12 best motorcycle horns. It is a superb model that produces excellent sound to alert road users and offers value for the money.
Specifications of FIAMM 74100
- Brand/Manufacturer: FIAMM
- Product Number: 74100
- Item Weight: 1 pound
- Product Measurements: 10 x 4 x 6 inches
Features of FIAMM 74100
- FIAMM EL Grande Twin Electric – That is a great feature that ensures you get two horns in one. What that means is that you enjoy a low note and a high note unit to give you the ideal sounds.
- Stylish Design – The model is made of a sleek design that makes it attractive when on your motorbike. There are also red caps that add to the beauty of the horn to complement the chrome grills.
- Quality Material – One thing you should note is that the model lasts long thanks to the corrosion-resistant steel housing, ABS plastic projectors, and aluminum coil motor.
- Comes with Installation Gears – The package has everything you need to put it on your motorcycle, such as female connectors, nuts, relay, brackets, and two horns.
- 128 dB – It gives out a loud sound of up to 128 dB to alert all road users. That noise is all possible thanks to the ability to use a 12v battery.
- Meets OEM and SAE standard
- For ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, and cars
- Two-in-one horn
- Catches dirt easily
8. Stebel 11690019 Nautilus Compact Mini Air Horn Black
Stebel 11690019 is an air horn for motorcycle that uses the brand’s air horn design to give you two super-sounding tones in one place. It is a system that provides up to 139 dB of sound, meaning that people can hear it from a distance.
Specifications of Stebel 11690019
- Brand/Manufacturer: Stebel
- Product Number: 11690019
- Item Weight: 1.25 pounds
- Product Measurements: 3 x 4.5 x 4.5 inches
Features of Stebel 11690019
- 30% Smaller – The first great thing you might notice about this unit is the thin shape and size that make it smaller than most units out there. That makes it fast and easy to install as you only need a fixing place.
- Instant Sound – Its sound output is instantaneous, and it gives out a balanced air jet system. You should consider using the relays more to enjoy even a better sound.
- Versatile Product – The horn is quite handy, and you can use it in trucks, golf carts, boats, motorcycles, and other automobiles.
- Patented Air Intake – It also comes with an exclusive air intake hole that provides low and high ton-plus surprising power. Besides, it can withstand over 50.000 nonstop action cycles, making it a reliable model.
- Very affordable
- Low noise level and loud
- Good mounting system
- Has no harness
9. Wolo MCHWK-2 Air Horn Wiring Kit
Wolo MCHWK-2 Air Horn Wiring kit lets you install an air horn in a trouble-free and professional way without using any tool. It was made to hoop-up an air horn to your motorcycle system fast and effectively.
Specifications of Wolo MCHWK-2
- Brand/Manufacturer: Wolo
- Product Number: MCHWK-2
- Item Weight: 4 pounds
- Product Measurements: 8 x 1.3 x 0.2 inches
Features of Wolo MCHWK-2
- For 12V Motorcycles – The kit is recommended for all 12V bikes, trucks, cars, and other machines. You can bet that it is a multipurpose model that you can find to be worthy of your money.
- All Accessories – What you get in the kit is everything you would need to put your horn on your bike. These things include in-line fuse, terminals, quick-connect plug, wire ties, and others.
- Installation Manual – Another great thing about this kit is that you get a manual that can guide you when placing your horn. The best part is that the instructions come in both Spanish and English languages.
- Safety Feature – You also get the peace of mind knowing that your motorcycle horn is safe when you use this kit to keep it in place.
- Quite Affordable – One thing that many users like about this installation kit are the fact that it is quite affordable. Besides, that it is one of the best kits you can get on the shelves today.
- Great installation kit
- Keeps the horn secured
- Quite affordable
- Horn relay not included
10. VGEBY Electric Snail Horn Loudspeaker
You don’t need to look for the best motorcycle air horn anymore because the VGEBY Electric Snail Horn Loudspeaker got your back. One thing you can be sure of is that the horn can alert other road users no matter the situation.
Specifications of VGEBY
- Brand/Manufacturer: VGEBY
- Product Number: BBABDNX-AMA-QC00740
- Item Weight: 6.4 pounds
- Product Measurements: 7.3 x 5.3 x 3.1 inches
Features of VGEBY
- Loud Voice – The system produces a loud sound that reaches 115dB that is clear to warm other people.
- Lower Power – Another thing is that the unit uses a 12V battery to operate and doesn’t require much power. You can be sure to get high performance while keeping your battery charged.
- Snail Shape – It is an attractive look that can make other people to fall in love with your horn. And the best part is that the horn is dust-proof and waterproof.
- Guarantee – You can get your money back within 180 days if you don’t find this horn to be what you need. Besides, you can reach the support time via email to get assistance.
- Fitment – It is a model that can fit most Go-Karts, Pocket bikes, Dirt Bikes, ATVs, Motorbikes, and Cars.
- Value for Money – You don’t need to drain your wallet when buying this horn. Moreover, the model is quite durable to make sure that you continue to use it for years to come.
- Value for money
- Attractive design
- Supportive customer support
- Not quite loud
11. SoundOriginal Universal Motorcycle Electric Horns
The SoundOriginal Universal Motorcycle Electric Horns rank among the smallest loudest motorcycle horn systems that you can get out there. You can have peace of mind knowing that this unit guarantees your safety.
Specifications of SoundOriginal
- Brand/Manufacturer: SoundOriginal
- Product Number: Song-AH 170605
- Item Weight: 3.52 pounds
- Product Measurements: 3.9 x 2.8 x 1.3 inches
Features of SoundOriginal
- Waterproof – The first feature that makes this a must-have horn is the ability to resist water. That is all possible due to the round design and the material used to make it – you can ride during a storm.
- Loud Sound – Another notable thing is the deafening sound of 105 dB that makes it possible for others to hear you. You ensure that road users are always alert, whether it is raining or sunny.
- For Most Bikes – It is compatible with most motorcycles because it uses a 12V battery, which is present in most automobiles.
- Universal Fit – You can also fit the horn on your Mopeds, Go-Karts, Dirt Bikes, Motorcycles, Pocket Bikes, Vespas, ATVs, and others.
- Compact Design – Its small design means that you can easily install it on most motorbikes with limited spaces.
- Easy to Install – Another notable feature of this unit is the ease of installation. And the best part is that it comes with all the things you would need when placing it on your bike.
- Comes when setup
- For a variety of motorcycles
- An affordable horn
- Not quite durable
12. Wolo 306-2T Super Horns Chrome Plated Horns
Wolo is a great brand, and that is evident from our review since we have looked at three of its top models. The 306-2T is a superb unit that you can install on your motorbike without any hassle, and it comes with great features.
Specifications of 306-2T
- Brand/Manufacturer: Wolo
- Product Number: 306-2T
- Item Weight: 5.68 pounds
- Product Measurements: 14 x 7.9 x 4 inches
Features of Wolo 306-2T
- All Metal Disc – The all-metal disc construction makes this horn a European style model that you can use for your bike. One thing you should note that the metal is non-corrosive to ensure that you have a durable product.
- Bright Chrome Grill – You often get this feature in German luxury cars, and it makes the horn to look more attractive. The grill also makes it possible to install this unit in cars, trucks, RVs, and motorbikes.
- Made of Durable Steel – Another feature that you might like about this horn is the steel construction that makes it a durable product. You can use it for over ten years without needing to replace it.
- For Replacement Purpose – You can use this horn to replace your old horn or even install it as a new model.
- Comes with Hardware – The package includes installation hardware and bracket to help you get it secured.
- A durable model
- Easy to setup
- Produces loud noise
- A bit heavy
Buying Guide of Best Motorcycle Horns
It takes more than just choosing the loudest motorcycle horn when selecting the best horn for your motorbike. There are a few factors that you should watch out for to ensure that you get a model that can meet your needs.
1. Installation Space
One thing you should know is where you will place your horn before you settle for you. Most people put them near the engine, and that makes it essential to ensure that you buy a system that can rest on that section.
It is vital to install your motorcycle in the right place because it can be the difference between being loud and ineffective. Another great location is in front of your motorbike, just below the headlight.
2. Sound Level
Brands test their horns under certain conditions, and that means you should keep in mind that it might sound different in the open environment. The sound might be louder or even less audible compared to the listed dBs.
Another factor that can affect the sound is the variance, as it depends on how the horn is facing. For instance, if it is pointed downwards, you can be sure that the sound won’t be the same as a model looking in front or upwards.
The sound of a horn also depends on the trumpet – thinner and shorter can produce a high-pitched sound. A broader and longer model can provide a deep-toned sound.
3. Professional or DIY Installation
Another factor that you should consider before you pick your motorcycle horn is how easy or complicated it is to install. You can select any model if you are handy with installations that involve the 12V batteries.
Sadly, that is not the hard part of installing a motorbike horn because it is the mounting that can challenge most people. You might need to drill holes in your motorcycle frame and other areas to ensure that you secure the horn.
4. Air Horns
There are three features that you should look for if you decide to get an air horn for your motorcycle.
- The tank’s capacity – A large tank will require a more massive compressor.
- The compressor’s duty cycle – It affects the duration the horn can sound before the tank can require a refill.
- The working pressure – A higher pressure will produce a louder sound.
Weight is another thing that can determine how your motorbike horn will work. You shouldn’t go for a massive model that can add unnecessary pressure on your bike.
The important thing is to ensure that you balance the weight with the level of loudness you want. An extremely lightweight unit might not be loud enough for road users to hear it.
The last thing that you should consider is the design of the horn you intend to purchase. That means getting an attractive system that is suited for your bike and can install it in the location you want to place it.
The design also means getting a motorbike horn that is made of durable material that resists rust and corrosion.
Types of Motorcycle Horns
Our review has mainly looked at air motorcycle horns, but their collection goes beyond that. That’s why this section covers the top kinds of motorcycle horns you can get from the market today.
These units include novelty horns, train horns, and air horns.
1. Novelty Horns
These systems produce a hyped-up sound that you can customize to fit your needs and style. You should get these horns if you want your motorcycle to sound different.
They give you the choice of choosing from different sounds like bull horns, whistles, animal sounds, musical instruments, and many more.
However, these units have many shortcomings, such as breaking down quickly and being too quiet. That means they are not the right horns for a motorcycle.
2. Train Horns
Train horns come with an adjustable design. They provide the same sound as the one produced by a freight train.
What that means is that they are loud enough to allow all the road users to hear you. They are more significant than the air models but come with a superb design that ensures you take less time when mounting them on your motorbike.
3. Air Horns
They are usually the loudest horns you can get for your motorbike and can provide a sound of over 130 dB. These systems use compressed air to produce noise.
Another thing about air horns is that they are one of the most potent models today. Besides, they are compact and boast of an easy-to-install process with wirings and relays provided.
You can also get a one-piece or two-piece device.
4. One-Piece Horns
These units are easy to customize with dual tones. You get the freedom to use the volume, which is quite amazing.
The best thing is that you only need to tab the horn slightly to choose the volume. For example, a long press produces a blast while a soft touch produces a faint sound.
5. Two-Piece Horns
These types of horns come with high and low notes. For instance, you might want to greet a motorist, and that is when to use the low note.
A careless rider is worth the high note.
FAQ About Best Motorcycle Horns
Here are some of the most asked questions about motorcycle horns and their answers.
Q: Can a Car Horn Work for a Motorcycle?
A: Yes. But just like most items that do the same job, the issue arises when it comes to the size and fitting it. Another thing you should note is that a car horn requires more power, which means you might need to get a power line for that horn to work on your bike.
Another thing is that a car horn might be more substantial than a standard motorcycle model. The important thing is to seek a professional opinion before you install it on your motorbike.
Q: Do Motorbike Horns Have Mounting Brackets?
A: It depends on the model you buy. Some units come with installation hardware like mounting brackets while others don’t.
Sadly, even if you get a system that comes with the hardware, you might need to modify them to fit your motorcycle.
Q: Do Motorcycles Come with Horns?
A: Yes. A new motorbike should come with a functioning horn that you can operate by pushing a simple button. It is a legal requirement in different parts of the world as it adds safety.
One thing you might notice with these horns is that they are not as loud as the ones you would get on the market. That makes it essential to change them when you buy your motorcycle.
Q: Can I Install Two Separate Horns on My Motorbike?
A: The answer depends on various considerations and factors. Having two horns means that you will need twice the power to operate them – solve this problem, and you will be okay.
The other issue is where to install them. You need to ensure that you fit these horns in a place where they can herd clearly. A professional can solve this problem.
Q: Are Air Horns Legal on Motorcycles?
A: Some states might make it illegal to have an air horn on your motorbike – they are for emergency cars. Other countries allow them for use as an anti-theft system, which should not be used for alerting road users due to noise pollution.
You should visit your state’s BMV or DMV websites before you install these horns to find out if they are legal or not. Besides, you can seek professional help.
Our Top Pick - FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Low Note Horn
The FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Low Note Horn is a great model that can ensure you alert other road users no matter the situation. It is a durable unit that is made of quality material that remains rust-free.
Besides, you can find it easy to install this horn on your motorcycle.
Our pick of the 12 best motorcycle horns can give you the most affordable, most compact, and loudest models out there. We have taken time to evaluate these units, and we can recommend them to any motorist who prefers a loud sound.
You can now head over to the market and choose the horn that suits your need and meets your motorcycle design.