10 Best Motorcycle Rain Gear Reviews- 2019 and Buyer’s Guide
We all agree that riding a motorbike in the rain with wet cloths can ruin the adventure and bring discomfort, don’t we? But we also agree that the best motorcycle rain gear can help to prevent the uneasiness and allow us to ride comfortably while feeling warm and dry.
So, whether you intend to ride into rainfall, or it pours unexpectedly, we have covered the best motorcycle rain suits in this review. And to enable you to make the right decision when buying one, we a comprehensive buying guide at the tail-end of the products reviews.
Sit back, relax, and let us take you on a journey of choosing your ideal bike rain gear.
Top 10 Motorcycle Rain Gear Reviews – Editors Top Picks
Which is the best motorcycle rain suit? You cannot go wrong if you choose one of the gears below:
1. Frogg Toggs All Sport Rain Suit
Opening our review is the Frogg Toggs All Sport Rain Suit, a jacket and pants gear that is made of non-woven and breathable fabric. The suit is wind-resistant and waterproof, making it an excellent cloth for riding your motorbike.
Its main features include:
- Insulation: The suit boasts of three layers of fabric that provide excellent insulation. One of the notable parts is the DriPole 2 Gen technology that prevents the water from touching your body. There is also a zipper with a snap-down storm flap that adds to the insulation of the jacket.
- Material: The non-woven material provides the right balance between reliability and breathability of the cloth. You can keep it on your body during the pour and still feel fresh since it lets your body access air.
- Durability: Another notable feature is the long-lasting nature of the suit thanks to the sturdy fabric. The cloth was made for mountain biking, off-roading, fishing, camping, and hiking and thus, the manufacturer designed it to take heavy beatings.
- Weight: It doesn’t make sense to buy heavy gear that can only become heavier when it gets wet. The Frogg Toggs All Sport Suit weighs just 1.8 pounds – you hardly feel it when on your body.
Besides, the jacket has a removable and adjustable hood that provides you with flexibility.
- Leg openings and adjustable hood
- High-quality zipper
- Water and wind-resistant
- No pockets
2. Nelson-Rigg SR-6000-HVY-03-LG Stormrider Rain Suit
Nelson-Rigg SR-6000-HVY-03-LG Stormrider Rain Suit prides itself as one of the top motorbike gears. It is a two-piece cloth that provides comfort while preventing water from soaking your inner garments.
The cloth is famous for the following features:
- Full-length zipper: The first notable thing of the gear is the zipper that comes with Velcro storm flap. That means you not only get a durable zipper but a suit that you can use confidently even when the rain pours.
- Two large pockets: Unlike the first cloth, this gear comes with two large pockets that make it possible for you to keep your devices and other stuff. It also boasts of a cooling vent on every arm to ensure that you stay cool when riding.
- Reflective striping: It is a cloth that you can use during the night on a busy high-way and ride without worrying about being hit by a car thanks to the reflective striping. That strip is further backed by PVC material and a soft polyester outer shell that add to your safety in case you get into an accident.
- Two-piece design: That design comes in handy to not only prevent water from soaking your body but also provide the comfort you deserve. The cloth also comes with an elastic waistband, boot stirrups, cuffs, and other great features.
- For all terrains: You can wear the gear for street-sport, marine-personal-craft, off-road riding, street-touring, snowmobiles, and others.
- Has a reflective stripe
- Comfortable and waterproof
- Easy to put on
- Slightly expensive
3. Frogg Toggs All Purpose Rain Suit (Women’s)
One gear that is ever-present in most motorcycle rain suit reviews is the Frogg Toggs All Purpose Rain Suit for Women. As the name suggests, this is a cloth that you can use for most occasions without worrying about getting wet or damaging it.
It comes with excellent features like:
- Jacket and pants: The fact that you can separate the jacket from the pants makes it a flexible suit that you can use for most activities. For example, you can wear the coat and head out for mount climbing and leave the pants at home.
- Tuck-away hood: Another notable feature is the adjustable, tuck-away hood that adds to the ease of use of the motorbike suit. That hood boasts of E-Z push cord locks as well as shock barrel/cord lock that lets you adjust the waist to fit your body size.
- Front zip: The jacket has a full-length parka cut, front zipper which is reinforced by a snap-down storm flap to prevent water from dripping into your body. Besides, the elastic cuffs ensure that the suit remains tight on your body while providing the comfort you desire.
- Straight leg pant design: What this design add is a comfort when wearing it. You don’t need to waste a long of time trying to figure out how to put it one. The leg openings are also easy to adjust to provide the ultimate comfort.
- Quality design
- Easy to adjust the suit
- Multi-purpose gear
- Often expose the head
4. Joe Rocket Survivor Men’s Motorcycle Riding Suit
Joe Rocket Survivor Men’s Motorcycle Riding Suit is a fantastic cloth for riders who might encounter rain. The model looks quite expensive but is affordable when you consider the value it brings for your money.
Let’s look at its main features:
- Material and design: At first sight, you can easily conclude that this is a sophisticated suit that was meant for high-class users. It appears bulky because of its different layers, but that is not the case. You can easily remove the inner liner and spine pad to ensure that you get a lightweight appeal.
- Waterproof: Another superb feature is the ability of the suit to keep your body dry when riding under wet conditions. That is all possible due to its thickness, multiple layers, and construction that ensure no water penetrates it. Also, the model is 600D Rock Tex treated on the outer part to remain waterproof.
- Visibility: It comes with white stripes that make it possible for other road users to see you during a storm.
- Comfort: The motorcycle suit also comes with superb air ventilation that makes it possible to use for long without feeling uncomfortable. You can be confident that you won’t sweat when inside the cloth.
- Comes with pockets
- Optional inner liner and spine pad
- Waterproof material
- Not quite visible
5. Xelement RN4764 Women’s Motorcycle Rain Suit
One gear that was made for women is the RN4764 Motorcycle Rain Suit from Xelement. It is a jacket that comes in black color, for pants, and purple stripes, for jackets.
The suit has been around for long and comes with excellent features like:
- Shinier and softer: The gear is made by weaving 100% nylon material that makes it brighter and smoother than polyester cloth. That fabric gives strength to the rain suit to ensure that it lasts for years.
- Inner lining: Another notable feature is the inner lining of a meshed shape that is found in the jacket for preventing moisture. Besides, the coating makes it possible for the user to feel comfortable due to the breathable nature of the gear.
- Front full-length zipper: One notable feature of most motorcycle rain suits is the zipper that ensures no water or wind penetrate the cloth. However, this model’s is different in that it comes with pockets with their unique zippers.
- Reflective strip: Other road users can quickly stop you from afar thanks to the reflective strip on the back, arms, leg, and chest area. That means you get a gear that can keep you safe while riding during the night.
- Made of nylon material
- Breathable mesh lining
- Pockets with zippers
- A heavy gear
6. Scoyco RC01 Motorcycle Raincoat Pants Gear
Scoyco RC01 Motorcycle Raincoat Pants Gear is another two-piece appeal that is popular with motorbike riders. It is a cloth that is worth your money and time and comes with some excellent features as you can see below:
- Two-piece raincoat: As a two-piece cloth, you can be confident that the trouser and jacket are carefully made to resist all elements. What that means is that you get a gear that will last for years to ensure that you get value for your money.
- Bright yellow colors: It is made to enable other road users and onlookers to see you clearly from a distance. That is all possible due to the bright yellow colors that were added to prevent accident during a torrential downpour.
- Huge pockets on the front: These come in handy to make it easier to store all your belongings while on the go and access them fast. Note that these pockets are waterproof – there is no possibility of the rain getting into your inner cloths.
- Sizing for comfort: The comfort is determined by the sizing of the gear, and the manufacturer knows well about that. That is why the cloth comes in various sizes to let you choose the one that fits your body. Some straps enable you to adjust the waistband and other areas to get a tight grip.
- Straps for adjusting
- Comes in different sizes
- A reflective cloth
- Does come with a hood
7. Milwaukee Motorcycle Clothing Company Motorcycle Riding Rain Suit
You should try this gear from Milwaukee brand is you are looking for the best rain gear for motorcycle riding. The suit is made of durable nylon that keeps the water out of your body while allowing the air to move freely.
That’s not all as you can see from its features here:
- Full-length zipper: Every great motorcycle jacket should have a zipper that is easy to open and close. That is also the case with the Milwaukee model, and its zip comes with a storm flap that prevents water from sipping into the inner cloths.
- Velcro fastening: You can easily fasten the collar using the Velcro to prevent strong wind from penetrating your body. And the best part is that you can adjust the suit even under the helmet to offer complete shielding.
- Waist belt: There is also a belt around the waist that you can use to adjust the rain gear to provide a tight grasp on your body. What that means is that you get a well-fitted cloth that will remain water and wind-resistant. There is also an elastic waistband that secures the pants.
- Long-lasting design: The suit was made to last for years to make sure that you get value for your money.
- Made of durable material
- Easy to put on
- Ability to adjust the waist
- No reflective lines
8. Joe Rocket RS-2 Men’s Motorcycle Rain Suit
Joe Rocket is a reputable brand that is known to provide quality rain cloth that you can wear when riding your motorbike. Its RS-2 model is one of these gears and happens to come in black color that doesn’t attract dirt.
Some of its significant features are:
- Blends with most colors: The black color is quite stunning as it lets you look like part of the bike no matter the color of your machine. However, you can also choose from other colors as the manufacturer knows that every ride has their taste.
- Two-piece design: One thing that you should look for when choosing a rain suit is to get a piece that offers two-piece design. The benefit of that make is to ensure that there is a soft outer shell and ability to prevent the water from reaching your inner cloths. The appeal provides that by having a polyester material that is backed by PVC, meaning that it is highly durable.
- Velcro over-fly cover: Before we even talk about the Velcro cover, you should note that the jacket comes with a full-length zipper. That zip is further enhanced by the Velcro cover to prevent the water from getting in. Also, the collar has Velcro with a snuggly fit that lets you tack the helmet.
- Two large pockets: Lastly, the appeal comes with two large pockets for storing small items like phones and keeping them dry. You can quickly expand the pockets thanks to the gusset expanders.
- Expandable pockets
- Made of polyester reinforced by PVC
- Able to tack the helmet
- Easily catches dirt
9. Viking Cycle Motorcycle Rain Gear
We all love affordable options for our motorbike accessories, and rain gears are one such item we think about. The Viking Cycle Motorcycle Rain Gear is a comfortable and stylish option for all bikers.
It is CE approved and provides some great features as outlined below:
- Waterproof gear: The rain cloth is not only waterproof but also wind resistance. You only need to wear it, and you can have a ride of your life without worrying the varying weather conditions.
- Comfortable fit: Another notable feature of the gear is how comfortable it fits the user due to the elastic waist hem. There is also a Velcro trouser cuff and adjustable zipper pants that combine to provide you with comfortable fit and comfort.
- Reflective feature: The cloth comes with reflective piping that enables other riders to see you during the night. That means you can be confident and assured of your safety even when riding under severe conditions.
- Top-quality: You should always ensure that you get a gear that is made of quality material and that what you get from Viking model. Its design also adds to the quality, and it features stirrups for holding the pants in position.
- Effective rain gear
- For all-purpose use
- Assures your safety during the night
- Can become quite hot
10. IXS Orca Evo Rain Suit
If you prefer a one-piece rain gear, then you should try the IXS Orca Evo Rain Suit. It is one of the top clothes you can get from the market today and was made for use when riding your motorcycle.
The gear comes with a lot of benefits as seen here:
- Water-resistant: The first thing you can notice about the gear is the ability to keep you dry even when riding during a heavy downpour. What makes it waterproof is the PU covered 190T nylon material which is also durable.
- Nylon mesh lining: Also, the model comes with a nylon mesh lining that makes it possible for the user to breath. That mesh is well-located to ensure that only air can get in and not water or strong wind.
- Reflecting features: For safety purposes, the rain cloth comes with reflectors on the chest and the back. That means other road users can stop you during the night from the front or the back.
- Easy to put on: It might be a one-piece gear, but you can find it to be straightforward when putting it one. There is no need for seeking help when getting dressed for that enjoyable ride into the rain.
- Durable model: Lastly, the appeal was made to last for years to ensure that you get value for the money you spend buying it. It is the only piece of cloth you will ever need.
- Has a nylon mesh
- Waterproof and wind-resistant
- Easy to put on
- Not for people who prefer two-piece gears
Buying Guide for Best Motorcycle Rain Gear
What features should you look for when buying the best motorcycle rain suit? Here are some of the things that you should look for.
1. Rain Gear Size
You should ensure that you buy the perfect cloth that can fit your body. That is vital to make sure that you feel comfortable while riding your motorbike.
The perfect size also makes the rider to concentrate on the road without worrying about too tight or baggy cloth.
2. Appeal Length
Always remember that a motorcycle rain cloth is meant to shield you from the rain and keep you safe. It is not an item that should make you look good or add to your fashion.
What we mean is that you should choose a gear that looks slightly lengthier when you are standing. That comes in handy to ensure that you don’t bend your legs when you are sited on your bike.
3. Rain Gear Armor
You should consider getting a cloth with extra coverage at the back, shoulder, and elbows. The pants should also come with armors at the knees and hips.
Also, choose an appeal that comes with adjustable pockets that can let you vary the arms and leg lengths.
4. Make of the Motorcycle Rain Cloth
Many people fail to check the material used to make a motorbike rain gear and only look for armor and other things. Also, it is advisable to inspect the design to ensure that the clothing is double or triple stitched to provide it with durability.
5. Laces and Zips
Another significant feature to look for is the laces and zips of the gear you want to purchase. You should get a model that comes with reliable chains, laces, and zips.
Besides, watch out for things like snaps and Velcro and adjustable neck and waist belts.
6. Rain Gear Visibility
The number one reason for wearing protective gear is to ensure that you remain safe while on the road. What that means is getting appeals that come with reflective colors to ensure that other road users can stop you quickly.
7. Waterproof Clothing
The waterproofing and durability of a motorcycle rain cloth depend on the fabrics used in making it. It makes no sense to get a model that can make your soggy within minutes.
That should involve buying a suit that comes with special coating, not just impermeable materials.
8. Motorcycle Suit Breathability
Some gears are made of PVC – that can prevent water but also make it impossible for your body to breath. Go for a cloth that can avoid water while giving the ventilation your body desires.
9. Seat Mobility
Some gears come with a coat that prevents you from slipping off your bike when riding under wet conditions.
Why You Should Use Motorcycle Rain Gear
What benefits can you get when you wear a motorbike rain suit? There are dozens of them but here are just the top ones:
1. Offers Protection from Harsh Weather
One benefit of a motorcycle rain gear is the protection it provides against various elements like sun, wind, and rain. As a rider, you might spend most of your time on your bike, and that’s when the suit comes in handy.
Most rain gears on the market today can handle all kind of weather. That means you can feel comfortable even when riding in areas covered with snow.
They provide protection that cannot be offered by ordinary jackets or cloths. You can be confident of being healthy once you are done riding.
2. Makes You Visible to Road Users
The other critical role of a motorcycle rain suit is to make sure that you remain visible when on the road during the night. It enables other road users to see you from far even when the weather is foggy or dark.
That way, you are assured of maximum visibility when riding your motorcycle and avoid being knocked down by cars.
3. Waterproof and Wind-Resistant
There is no possibility of getting wet if you wear the right motorcycle jacket during the humid days. These gears are made of waterproof material that prevents even the tiniest of drops from reaching the under cloth.
The jacket part of the gear is made of long collars that protect the back of your neck when you are riding. Besides, your chest remains protected thanks to the protective panel, which is also water-resistant.
The whole construction of a motorcycle rain gear is meant to keep water and cold air away from reaching your body.
4. Provides Protection from Accident
An essential benefit of having a rain gear when riding your motorbike is the protection it brings in case you get into an accident. That is mainly for people who use busy roads like highways.
It is not uncommon for a car to pump into a motorcycle rider during the wet seasons – that can make you fall to the ground and suffer injuries if you don’t have these gears.
FAQ Best Motorcycle Rain Gear
Here are a few questions and answers that are often asked about the best motorcycle rain gears.
Q: Which is the right procedure of measuring myself when choosing a motorcycle suit?
A: First, you need to wear the clothes you put on when riding your bike. That means wearing the cloth you use during the rainy months and not the one you use during the hot days.
Next, stand straight and take the measurement around your chest – note the readings. Measure around your belly and waist for men and women respectively.
For the pants, note that they will be longer than your regular cloth.
Q: How to care for a motorcycle rain suit?
A: You should hand wash and dry your suit to ensure that it retains the waterproof nature. Don’t use dryers and washing machines because they can remove the coat that makes these gears to be water-resistant.
Q: What is better: waterproof jackets or rain gears?
A: A motorcycle rain gear is specially made to repel the rain. These gears can easily fit your regular riding clothes and are useful in heavy rainfall.
However, if you are not wearing them, you will need to pull over and wear your gear in case the rain starts to pour. A waterproof jacket can be put on whether there is rain or not, but it won’t be as effective as these items.
Q: One or two-piece rain gear: which one should I choose?
A: When buying the best rain suit for riding a motorcycle, you can go for a one-piece or two-piece model. A one-piece gear can protect you from the rain while a two-piece one protects you from all elements.
Also, note that a one-piece suit is harder to wear when in a hurry and it doesn’t come with the versatility of pants and jacket. The two versions are worn over your riding clothes.
Q: How much does a motorcycle rain gear cost?
A: There are different types of motorbikes suits, and they all cost differently. One factor that can affect the cost of these gears is the quality of the material used to make them. The most durable models can cost more, but that is not always true.
Another factor that can affect the price is the model you choose and the brand that sells it. You can get a suit that is within your budget – choose the one that you can afford.
Our Top Pick – Frogg Toggs All Sport Rain Suit
If you want a suit that can cover your whole body, then the Frogg Toggs All Sport Rain Suit is the model for you. It comes with pants and a jacket – both made of non-woven and breathable material.
Another thing that makes it a top choice is the lightweight nature of the cloth. It is also waterproof and wind-resistant. That means you can wear it whether the day is windy, sunny, or rainy and feel comfortable.
It also has an adjustable hood as well as an open waist design that provides the ideal fit. The leg openings are easy to adjust and are also affordable.
There are a lot of motorbike gears that can keep you dry and protect you from other elements. However, the products we have reviewed in this article are some of the most affordable, reliable, and durable models.
Thus, when you choose any of the gear above, you can be confident that you have bought the best motorcycle rain gear. Make sure that you have the gear even if the weather seems sunny.