If you own a motorbike, you need to get a motorcycle cover. It is even more important if you don’t have a garage.
Getting the best heavy duty motorcycle cover for your motorbike can help it last longer by keeping it safe from hot or humid temperatures that could cause the motorcycle parts to rust or deteriorate.
You are probably wondering how you can get the best motorcycle cover, given that there are a hundred and one motorcycle cover options up for sale.
We have made a review that would ease your search and help you get the best out of the rest.
Our best pick is the Rust-Oleum Motorcycle cover. It is made of long-lasting 600 denier material that does not fade easily, come rain, come sunshine.
The durable and waterproof cover is very much ideal for outdoor use, protecting your motorbike from corrosion.
Not just that, you can use it for any type of motorcycle. We love it and we think it would give you satisfactory value for your money.
Best Heavy Duty Motorcycle Cover 2021
1. Rust Oleum Cover
- Ideal for trailering
- Has straps and buckles to hold the cover firmly on the trailer
- Its Waterproof
- Made from 600 denier polyester
- It’s fade resistant
- It has a corrode block active vapor corrosion inhibitor that minimizes rust and corrosion.
The Rust-Oleum motorcycle cover, from Budge, is a Car cover company that has been in existence since 1940.
It’s one of the most trusted cover companies in the United States. It’s a trailer-able waterproof motorcycle cover. You can, therefore, carry motorcycle cover when going for trips.
It’s elastic and can comfortably fit any motorcycle. The cover has straps on the edges that make your bike stable when moving.
The cover is made from a 600 denier polyester material and will therefore serve you for a long.
It is waterproof and protects your bike from rain, snow, and the sun. The Rust-Oleum motorcycle cover is black and It’s easily foldable into the storage when not in use.
- Provides all weather protection. Th Rust-Oleum motorcycle cover will protect your bike from sun, rain, snow and even dust.
- It can be used outdoors. If you don’t have a garage, you can use this cover because Its a hundred percent waterproof.
- Long-lasting. Unlike other covers that tear up after a couple of months. The Rust-Oleum is made from 600 denier polyester that is capable of withstanding any harsh environment condition.
- It can fit any bike. The elastic hem makes it able to fit any type or Size of motorcycle easily.
- Unfortunately, The Rust-Oleum Motorcycle cover has no warranty.
2. Oxford Stormex Cover
The cover has a soft inner lining that is very gentle to the surface of the motorcycle. The cover is big enough to fit any bike with ease.
The cover has two loops that can fit a chain easily. You can, therefore, secure your motorcycle by locking it up. Locking the cover minimizes the chances of it being blown off by the wind.
There is a strap that you can use to clip the cover on both sides. It also has a splash protector that prevents water from being absorbed up the lining rear window.
- The cover has reflective panels.
- The cover has holes that allow the use of a lock.
- It also has a locked pouch.
- The outer surface is made from tough materials that protect your bike from harsh weather.
- It has a soft heat-resistant lining that protects your motorcycle from scratches.
- The cover has a window at the front of the cover where you can install an Oxford Splariser that will ensure your battery is in good shape.
- There’s also a window on the back for easy visibility of your plates.
- It ensures total safety from burglars
- Protects your motorcycle from adverse weather conditions such as rain and snow.
- Waterproof therefore protecting your cover from the rain.
- It’s easily visible because of the reflective panels. Therefore, wherever you park and cover your bike, other motorists will be able to see it clearly.
- Get the size right.
3. Teenitor Cover
Features: It’s water-resistant and breathable, An elastic hem fixing eyelets, Its measures 295 x 140 x 110 mm, UV resistant.
As per the name, this particular Motorcycle cover is large enough to fit any bike. It’s a waterproof and breathable motorcycle cover that is ideal for both indoor and outdoor purposes. You can therefore be assured that your bike will be rust-free because the cover doesn’t trap moisture.
It’s also capable of withstanding UV rays and any other adverse conditions. The hem is elastic and can conveniently fit a bike.
The size of the cover is 250 x 140 x 110 mm. The cover also comes with a storage bag that you can store your bag when it’s not in use.
The cover goes for a relatively affordable price and protects your motorcycle from dust and dirt.
- It’s big enough to fit any bike
- Sold at an affordable price
- Prevents your motorcycle from rust.
- Ideal for both indoor and outdoor uses
- It’s made from high-quality materials.
- The Teenitor XXXL motorcycle cover protects your bike from harsh weather conditions, twigs, and dust.
- It comes with a bag for easy storage. Therefore, your cover will always be in excellent condition.
- The stitching of the cover should be improved.
4. Dowco Weather Cover
The Dowco motorcycle cover guarantees maximum protection.
It protects your bike fully and ensures it’s always in good shape.
The cover designed in Wisconsin using premium fabrics that protect your bike from any weather.
It features the Climashield plus fabric technology that has a 300 denier polyester, therefore, providing you extra moisture resistance.
The cover is water-resistant and the solution-dyed color-look process ensures it doesn’t fade easily. It has an anti-microbial coating that guarantees the cover lasts for long and able to withstand adverse weather.
It’s made from a heavy-duty waterproof material that minimizes the chances of rusting. Plus it’s very flexible and you can thus put it on your motorcycle with ease.
- It has a vent system that regulates the moisture that may build up under the cover.
- The aluminized coating enables to touch the muffler or hot motors without melting.
- The inner surface is made from soft cotton that protects your bike from scratches.
- It has sewn-in grommets that make it possible for a wheel lock to pass through.
- It also features a cover alarm system.
- Breathable and waterproof.
- It has reflective panels.
- Easily fit any motorcycle. If your bike is fairly large, you can fold the side mirrors to enable it to fit easily.
- It has a heat-resistant lining that allows the cover to rest comfortably in hot exhaust pipes without melting.
- Long-lasting. The cover will serve you for long without tearing up or fade.
- Protects your motorcycle from all elements.
- It’s a bit costly than other covers but is worth it.
5. OxGord Superior Motorcycle Cover
The OxGord superior motorcycle cover is superior as the name suggests. It’s made up of a set of four layers. Three of the layers are made up of Spunbond polypropylene and the other micro-porous film.
It’s a perfect outdoor motorcycle cover and is very breathable. It has a back and front elastic hem that allows it to fit comfortably on your bike.
It also has grommets that enable it to withstand strong wind. The Oxgord superior motorcycle cover comes with a storage bag where you can store it.
The cover is also water-resistant and therefore in case of rain. The water will run off and soak the cover.
- It fits up to 89 inches of the bike.
- Breathable and has reinforced seams.
- It has tie-down grommets and a storage pouch.
- It has front and rear elastic hems drawstrings.
- It’s made a trusted company-OxGord.
- Four layers that make it waterproof and durable.
- The grommets provide additional security in case of strong winds.
- It’s breathable therefore minimizing chances of rusting.
- Not suitable for bikes with large windshields. However, when buying it, make sure you provide the model and make of your bike. So that you get a perfect fit
6. TMS Cover for Motorcycle
This cover is big enough to fit any bike and is great for both indoor and outdoor usage.
The cover can fit any bike that measures up to 104 inches such as the Suzuki, Kawasaki, amongst others. Before purchasing any cover, always ensure that you provide accurate measurements.
It will help avoid buying a cover that will fit only the upper half of your bike. The cover is water-resistant, soft, and light. Therefore, portability isn’t an issue.
It comes with a storage bag for better storage and maintenance. The material of the cover as mentioned earlier is soft and won’t scratch your precious bike.
The double stitching makes it durable and won’t tear up anytime soon. It’s also UV resistant. You can be sure that the bike will still look attractive and appealing.
- High-quality double stitching.
- Made from light and non-abrasive material.
- It’s lockable therefore ensuring security.
- It can fit most bikes.
- It measures 104 x 41 x49 inches.
- It’s extra-large.
- It’s ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.
- It fits a wide variety of bikes
- List Element
- UV resistant and will protect your bike from dirt, water, and dust.
- The bike is water-resistant, but It’s not waterproof. Therefore, might not protect your bike 100% in case of heavy rainfall.
7. Surepromise Cover
The 265 x 105 x 125 cm motorcycle cover is capable of protecting your motorcycle from water, dust, and dirt.
It’s breathable and is made of high-quality polyester materials.
It’s an all-weather cover that is ideal for both indoor and outdoor protection.
The cover comes in different colors and you choose one that matches the color of your bike. You can use this color on a daily basis because it can withstand harsh weather.
It has an elasticized hem with fixing eyelets and can easily fit your bike.
- UV resistant
- It has an elasticized hem with fixing eyelets
- It weighs 0.65 pounds
- Made from polyester taffeta material
- The product’s manufacturer, Surepromise, is a well-known brand.
- Can be used on a daily basis without fading and tear
- Excellent for people without garages. It protects your bike from rain and snow. It is UV resistant
- The cover lays firmly on the motorcycle and doesn’t get blown away by strong wind
- There are holes at the front that you can put a lock on, therefore guaranteeing safety and maximum protection of your bike
- It’s affordable and thus a favourite among many bikers
- The clips of the cover rip when exposed to too much pressure. Therefore, it should be handled with care.
8. XYZCTEM Motorcycle Cover
The XYZCTEM motorcycle cover protects your bike from both natural and human-made elements. It ensures that your bike will always look clean and will last for as long as possible.
The cover is designed to reduce moisture and heat while preventing rainwater or UV rays from getting in. Plus your paint job will always look brand new.
It’s easy to put on your bike. The XYZCTEM motorcycle has an anti-scratch inner cover that has elastic hems to hold firmly.
The rear elastic hems are sturdy and guarantee that the cover will remain in place when it gets too windy outside. It will protect your cover in any weather condition.
- The cover is uniquely designed to fit comfortably lots of motorcycles that measure up to 108 inches. It also fits most off-road bikes and regular-sized ones.
- Made of 180T polyester taffeta which is non-abrasive, light, and water repellent
- It has aluminum lock holes and a windproof buckle. The two help you safeguard your bike
- It comes with an adequate storage bag
- The motorcycle cover has a 1-year warranty. Therefore, if it doesn’t meet your requirements, You can always return it within 12 months.
- The cover is nonabrasive
- It can comfortably fit most regular sized bikes
- It’s breathable
- It’s water-resistant
- The Elastic hems will hold down the cover firmly on the bike
- The material is a bit thin.
9. Formosa Motorcycle Covers
It’s made of polyester which is dustproof and waterproof. The Formosa Deluxe motorcycle cover is heat-resistant and therefore acts as a thermal guard. Your bike will always be cool even on a sunny day.
There’s an elastic cord around the cover. It helps the cover to fit comfortably on any bike.
It also comes with a storage bag that makes portability easy. Plus it’s very light and folds easily.
It’s black and fits up to 108 inches in length of a bike. It’s water-resistant and It is double stitched. It has two clamshell vents that act as an outlet for moisture.
It has reinforced poly grommets in the front and center area for security purposes.
- It’s made from a black polyester material
- Double stitches and an elastic cord all around.
- The cover fits up to 108 inches of a like.
- UV resistant and water-repellent.
- It comes with a storage bag
- The cover can be used indoors and outdoors.
- The clamshells prevent condensation. Therefore, your bike will be rust-free
- It can snugly fit your motorcycle.
- The price is pocket-friendly.
- It’s light and capable of repelling water.
- When used in sunny areas. It can fade easily.
10. Guardian By Dowco Motorcycle Cover
The Dowco 50002-02 cover shares many similarities with the Dowco 50003-02. But all are excellent covers. This particular cover has a lifetime warranty, thus guaranteeing it’s of high quality and will serve you well. Other than that it protects your motorcycle from all elements.
It also uses the ClimaSheild technology that offers protection from rain, UV rays, and mildew. The polyester fabric is breathable and waterproof.
The inner cover is soft. It has a reflective moisture guard that not only prevents moisture from building up on the inside but ensures easy visibility at night.
It features an elastic cord for easy fitting. It also has a drawstring pack for convenient and easy transport.
- Perfect for any climate
- Breathable and waterproof.
- It has a soft inner cover that is gentle to the bike
- It has a reflective moisture guard
- Also has sewn-in grommets.
- Resistant to all elements.
- It has a soft cotton lining on the inner cover.
- It has an anti-moisture system for minimizing the accumulation of moisture
- It has grommets for wheel locks.
- Black materials are incapable of hiding dirt. Therefore the cover doesn’t look that appealing after a while, especially if you use it outdoors.
Why Do You Need The Best Heavy Duty Motorcycle Cover
- It keeps your paint fresh –
You probably don’t want your awesome paint job to fade away in a year or two. Just imagine the conditions that your bike is exposed to on a daily basis.
Mud, dust, high temperatures are some of the factors that can make your paint fade away in a short period. However, covering your motorcycle when it’s resting on the parking is an ideal way of ensuring that your paint will last for a long.
- Protection from Dust –
Dust is the number one enemy of any bike. It can affect the performance especially if the dust accumulates in the engine or electric circuits and you probably don’t want to incur extra costs of going to the mechanic now and then.
Having a good motorcycle cover ensures that your bike is well protected from dust particles. But this does not mean you forget about washing your bike once you buy a cover.
Cleaning your bike is very important. Even if you have a garage, the cover will still protect the bike from dust.
- Keep it safe from Thugs –
It’s not wrong to flaunt your motorcycle to passersby. But, not all people will admire it and keep walking. A thug might see this as an opportunity to make some cash on the black market.
A motorcycle cover will ensure your bike remains anonymous. You could be parking a Ducati 959 in your garden and no one could have a clue. Except for your friends and family members of course.
- Protect your Bike from Moisture and Humidity –
If you’re living in a Humid environment, then you need to get a breathable motorcycle cover.
A breathable cover is crucial because it allows the moisture that builds upon the inside to escape easily. Therefore, preventing rusting. A cotton cover makes a good breathable motorcycle cover.
As you can see, the cover does more than shield your bike from dust. Therefore, it is an accessory that every biker should have. Because there are a lot of motorcycle covers, below we’ve compiled reviews of the best motorcycle covers in the Market.
When it comes to finding the perfect cover, you have to consider lots of things. All the above are the best motorcycle covers in 2020. However, one may work well for you while another may not.
Therefore, before buying one, always consider the size of your bike. Buy something that will fit comfortably. If you don’t have a garage always pick an outdoor motorcycle cover. But if you own a garage, get one that will protect your bike from dust.
Make sure the material is durable and can withstand adverse weather. The material should also be soft on the inside so that it does not scratch your bike.
The two most common materials that are used to make covers are polyester and canvas. Canvas is heavy but ideal for the outdoors.
Polyester, on the other hand, is light. It can be carried easily and is water-resistant. The above covers quality to be the best n the market and can be the ideal cover for your motorcycle.