Garmin Zumo 395LM is an important GPS navigator for all bike owners. It is designed to offer convenience and safety to riders. With so many GPS systems available in the market, it’s hard to know what to buy unless you have done some research. Garmin Zumo stands out among them and is a trusted GPS for motorbikes.
This product is highly-esteemed due to its reliability. It is praised and recognized as a significant innovation in the GPS industry. To know more about it, read on.
It does have some pros and cons that you need to know before you decide if it’s the best GPS product to buy.
- The product’s dimension is 1.2 by 5.5 by 3.7 inches.
- Item Weight is 9.6 ounces.
- 4.3” screen which is built to withstand harsh weather.
- It is resistant to UV rays, fuel spills on the device, and waterproof.
- The device is rated IPX7 against water.
- The Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor lets you monitor all the issues with the bike tires such as tire pressure, tire change requirements, etc.
- It can be the best solution even in the sunlight with a magnified display.
- The device comes with an MP3 player attachment facility which lets you listen to your favorite track while you ride amidst the hilly track.
- The Bluetooth connectivity offers the riders hands-free calling.
- Adventurous Routing lets you plan a very tricky yet.
- Built-up with the Zumo-Up Ahead feature which lets you cover all the points of interest while on the journey.
- The speed limit indicator tells you wisely when you should break down the speed.
- The state helmet laws are alerted while crossing the state borders.
- With its TracBac feature, you can trace the same path while return.
- You can always list up your points of interest such as any place to visit, the places to eat, and the gas stations.
What we like
- The navigator has Bluetooth, a meter to limit speed, the MP3 player, rider alerts, and adventurous routing features.
- A rechargeable lithium battery
- Can take data cards including microSD.
- Has 1000 locations, lane and waypoints assistance
- Lifetime updates of maps
- Up to 7 hours of battery life
- Customizable points of interests
- Preloaded street maps
What we dislike
- Comes at a high price
- It has small texts
- Motorcycle mounts and power cable
- Automotive suction cup mount
- Mounting hardware
Benefits of The Garmin Zumo 395LM
The Garmin Zumo 395lm motorcycle GPS is undoubtedly constructed of stern stuff. What else could we suspect from the market heads in motorcycle GPS? The 395LM is largely weather-resistant, enduring all conditions and most liquids thrown at it by an average biker. This includes water of course.
The quality of Garmin Zumo 395LM is excellent, and it’s made of durable material. The GPS product is weather resistant and can endure different conditions including rains. Being water-resistant, you can use it even on a rainy day for reliable GPS services.
The Garmin Zumo comes with a Bluetooth enabled-helmet and you can also listen to its GPS commands via your phone. These two features help you hear the street names and directions to follow. Through your phone, you can ask for any specific points that you may need such as food or gas shops.
- High-Quality Screen:
The motorcycle GPS screen is 4.3 inches and visible in all weather conditions. You may think it’s not large enough, but since it’s not affected by the weather.
It remains efficient throughout and you can use it even with your large, cumbersome gloves. It has 480 by 272 pixels and does not darken on a sunny day. It is one of the greatest GPS navigators you can find for your motorbike.
- Adventurous Routing:
This feature comes in handy if you want to spice up your trips with amazing sites such as rough terrain, twisty and hilly roads. It takes you away from the typical straight path to something adventurous
- Dynamic Fuelling Points:
This is an impressive feature and ensures you are not worried about your fuel. You can concentrate on your trip and enhance your safety as the device tracks the levels of fuel in your motorcycle.
It tells you the most appropriate time to stop and fuel your and ensures you do not come to a halt suddenly in the middle of nowhere.
- Map Updates:
Garmin offers you Lifetime Maps, which means that it updates for free. However, you have to do it manually by connecting it to a PC. But, this ensures you have an updated map with you all the time. Riders get lost easily especially those who love adventures. With Garmin Zumo 395LM, you have the most accurate navigation companion with you.
- Rider Alerts:
The rider alerts feature notifies you when they are accidents ahead. You can reduce speed as you approach such areas. Without this device, you are likely to speed blindly and break when you are almost at the accident scene. This can lead to arrest and fines will follow. Apart from keeping you safe, the Garmin Zumo saves you from trouble and waste of money.
The Garmin Zumo navigation device is waterproof; it is rated IPX7, which means it can withstand water not exceeding 1m for around 30 minutes. You can ride in light rains without fear of ruining it.
- Tire Pressure Monitor:
It is possible to monitor the pressure of your tires using this GPS gadget. It has a sensor accessory to control the pressure and alert you on time. The extra accessory can be attached and has a reliable air valve cap, which communicates with the GPS.
- Play Music:
If you have some stored music that you would like to listen to as you ride, this GPS navigator can do it. You can use services such as Pandora or Spotify besides; it allows you to control music from compatible iPhone 4s or MP3 players.
- Trip Gauge:
This feature is great if you want to plan your motorcycle gas consumption. It works accurately and better than any other type of GPS navigators.
Pick The Garmin Zumo 395LM
Garmin Zumo 395LM Motorcycle GPS is long-lasting and meets your expectations. It is a great device to have as a rider. With its great design and features, it resists the toughest of weather as well as provides you with the best of navigational features.
It is the best bargain for those who wish a convenient, durable, and versatile GPS navigator that they can take along anyplace they go. Ride safely and Happy riding!